So I marinated this fabulous chicken for 24 hours. To longer you marinate the better the chicken will taste.
I had turned by BBQ to grill this scrumptious chicken but as the grill was heating up I run out of gas. Boo Hoo!
Oh well took the next best thing and used my grill and oh did it turn out delicious!
Here is what you need:
- 1 1/2 lbs trimmed boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
I doubled the recipe as I had more chicken 🙂
- Pound thicker parts of a chicken breasts with the flat side of a meat mallet to even out their thickness. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper (about 3/4 – 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper). Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag. Pour marinade over chicken and seal bag while pressing out excess air. Rub marinade over chicken breasts (and make sure marinade goes between chicken breasts). Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees. Grill chicken until center registers 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer, about 4 minutes per side for 6 oz chicken breasts. Transfer to plate then cover and keep warm and let rest about 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve warm.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
You can pair it with some couscous or just a simple green salad if you wish.